Re: [OM] Night exposures with OM-2SP . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] Night exposures with OM-2SP . . .
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:10:32 -0700 (PDT)
Wayne Harridge wrote:
(snip)  . . . A short piece of unexposed film in the film gate, ISO
dial set to 100 with no compensation, 50mm f1.4 lens with 4x ND and
polarizing filter (to reduce the amount of light and force a long
exposure). Normal room lighting with lens pointing at a blank wall.

I then exposed a number of shots at different apertures with the
following results:

Aperture     OM-2SP         OM-2N

f1.4          6 sec         3 sec
f2            8 sec         4 sec
f2.8         21 sec         7 sec
f4          114 sec        14 sec
f5.6        128 sec        28 sec
f8          128 sec        55 sec
f11            -          100 sec
f16            -          183 sec

(snip) . . .
4. OM-2SP exposures are all wrong, 128 secs is probably the limit to
long exposures (OM-2N is around 225 secs from previous experience).

Anyone else like to try the same experiment with their OM-2SP ?  I
would be interested to find out if it is my particular body or "normal"
behaviour for this model.
Wayne,
Forgive me for asking an obvious, boring (and arguably insulting)
question but . . . were you using silver oxide batteries in the 2S? I
think it would make a bigger difference in the 2S than it would in the
2N, so even if both cameras were using, say, alkalines, they would
probably not behave the same. OTOH, perhaps you've just discovered a
previously unknown feature of the 2S - automatic compensation for
reciprocity failure? ;-)]

Regards, Ray