[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1862

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1862
From: Norma Foltz <nfoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 1980 01:11:42 -0800
Well I think the slave hook up through the T32 flash worked really well.  The
Wein cell was hooked
to the bottom of the T32 flash and a short cord went to the three - way
connector to the other Olympus
flash units including a second T32, a T20 on a BG2 and the whopping T-45
T32's pointed at the hummingbird feeder tip and the T20 was aimed at 2 ft by 3
ft white background card. The lens I used was the Zuiko 200mm f4 on a 25mm
extension tube.  I used a Red #25 filter and a B&H  403 (Schott UG1)
Ultraviolet filter on the Konica "750" film. I put my
Vivitar 3500 on top of my OM1n to trigger the slave unit.   The  mirror lock-up
feature was deployed.  The lens was a Zuiko 200mm f4 on a 25mm extension
tube.  Filters used were Red #25 filter and  B&H  403 (Schott UG1) Ultraviolet
filter. Film :Konica "750" film.

Interestingly, the mirror lockup of the OM1n really helped to allay the fear of
those hummingbirds !
The close range flash units (all about 24 inches distant) did not seem to
bother the hummers.

My Dutch friends came over with their camera stuff and we set up everything and
then ordered a pizza.
To pass the time between hummingbird appearances (about every 20 minutes) I put
on a hummingbird
nature video that I purchased some years ago when I visited Big Bend Nat'l Park
in Texas.  At one point
during the video which has amplified sounds of hummingbirds the Costa's
hummingbird that we were photographing  heard it and flew in the open window.
I guess he figured out pretty quick that it was only a video
and nothing to get excited about so he flew back out and continued feeding.
Unfortunately the video was not
"rolling" at this point.

Well I'll develop the film in a week or so and then try to scan it.  If I get
something I'll put it on my web site:
http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/indexc.htm

-- Hank

PS   Lex -- I had a look at those wide angle adapter shots of that skinny
building those are really cool !
Thanks for posting them !  I just love to click on over and see what you all
are doing !!
PSS Belgium --  that was fun to look at and read also !