Re: [OM] Slik U6000 tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] Slik U6000 tripod
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:37:11 +0100
I too had a wobbly Slik tripod some years ago and used it only with my 35RC
because of it. In the hope of making it a bit less wobbly, I removed the
soft rubber spiked feet and carved three pieces of dowel to replace them,
unfortunately putting a slight split in the thin tubing that was one of the
lower leg sections. When I wrote to ask for a replacement, the UK importers
wanted half the cost of a new tripod so I had to tape up the slit.

Contrast this with my experience with Intraphoto, the UK importers of Velbon
tripods. The camera screw and clamp ring dropped off and was lost from the
p&t head of my Velbon 'Giant' while it was being carried on the back of a
motorcycle, and when I wrote to Intraphoto for replacements they replied
that the model was from before their time as importers and they didn't know
exactly which parts I needed, so they sent me an assortment of types free of
charge!

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)