Re: [OM] [OT]: of course: +40/2 stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]: of course: +40/2 stuff
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:56:10 -0600
On 25 Sep 2000, at 20:27, lclark@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In <39CF269A.4083.1E111A41@localhost>, on 09/25/00 at 10:19 AM,
>    "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
> >...overriding ability of everyone (for the most part) to eventually
> >"agree-to-disagree" and get along with one another.  And, in a
> >way, isn't that a good thing???
>
> Would you feel the same way if you were paying for internet access *by the
> minute*?

Yes, I have paid for internet access by the minute and, yes, I felt the
same way.  There was time when my monthly internet bill was
CDN$300 and up because my only access was via 1200 baud long
distance dial-up.  But, I voluntarily paid that every month because, for
me, it was personally worth it.  That's not to say that I'm not thankful
that my current monthly costs are only in the CDN$65 per month range.

As I said, participation (or non-participation) in the mailing list is
voluntary, and each of us ultimately decides whether (or not) it is worth
our time, money, energy, or whatever to continue that participation.
And, as I also said, I'm most certainly sorry if in the past (or in the
future) anything I do or say made (or makes) someone want to
discontinue his/her participation.

Regards,

Chris