[OM] Olympus Collection Catalogue Software needed

Subject: [OM] Olympus Collection Catalogue Software needed
From: Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:48:49 +0200
Dear fellow Olympus collectors,

I want to make a new, electronic catalogue of my Olympus equipment,
and therefore I am looking for a cataloging program. This is not in
the last place because my insurance company urges me to hand over a
detailed list of my collection for appraisal purposes and to make it
easier to prove my ownership when needed.

The software should be capable to hold at least item descriptions
including a few pictures of each item, values (purchase and actual),
age, condition, location, Olympus part number, documentation.

At present I am using a freeware program called My Stuff, but the
functionality is too poor. OTOH I do not want to use one of the big
database programs for this task when perhaps a tailored piece of
software already exists.

Any ideas? Please le me know, either off line or online if you think
that others may also profit from your knowledge.

Now I come to think of it, it would be nice to use Hans' e-SIF as a
basis for any Olympus inventory list...

Frank van LIndert,
Utrecht NL.

Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx