[OM] OM 2s Shutter Problem

Subject: [OM] OM 2s Shutter Problem
From: "Welliver, H William" <hwellive@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:52:14 -0400
Greetings!

I've got an odd problem with my OM2s that I'd like to get some opinions on. If
the body has been sitting for more than a few minutes and I attempt to make an
exposure, regardless of whether I've just put a lens on or if one had been
mounted before it sat, pressing the shutter release will cause the shutter to
travel part way, but not far enough to be open (there is a black and white
"checkered" pattern showing from the front side). The shutter will remain this
way, until I move the shutter speed dial to mechanical 1/60s. When I do this,
the shutter will return so I can wind the film. It only happens once, because I
can make subsequent exposures without difficulty; until the body sits idle for a
period of time. I did a little "fiddling" to see if there is any correlation,
and it seems that at least part of the time, I can leave the body in mechanical
1/60s and it will work fine if I change the shutter speed to any other speed
before shooting. Does anyone have any suggestion what might be causing this, or
is my circuit board fried?

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Bill
--
H. William Welliver / Intersil Corporation Mountain Top Systems
email: hwellive@xxxxxxxxxxxx / phone: 570.474.6761 x4445