Re: [OM] OM PC

Subject: Re: [OM] OM PC
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:48:12 GMT
A fellow at Arlington Camera, himself a former OM user - now a Minoltan - says Minolta has pretty much eliminated the matrix metering problems with their top-shelf SLRs. Dunno. I prefer spot or small centerweighted metering and educated guesswork.

That reminds me - does anyone know the percentage of screen area metered by the OM-1, and whether it's centerweighted or some other pattern? Metering with it sometimes feels trickier than my Canon FTbn, which has a 12% centerweighted pattern.
-----------
Lex Jenkins
Why are they called fanny packs when we use 'em as codpieces?
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:22:32 EDT

In a message dated 09/26/2000 10:17:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jeffbellin@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Sorry to be so naive, but what is matrix metering compared with the
>  normal metering?

There are 3 common types of metering used in 35mm SLRs today.
Center-weighted, spot and matrix.

...By their nature you cant really tell when a matrix meter will give an
incorrect reading.