Re: [OM] [OT] Ring Flash & mail problems

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Ring Flash & mail problems
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:03:19 GMT
Ah, thanks for reassuring me the shoe ring arrived okay. I've been intended to ask about that but my hotmail inbox has frequently been scrambled lately, misplacing incoming message to the wrong folders.

Which reminds me - if any listfolk have e-mailed me privately and not received a reply, please try again. I'm not ignoring you, but my incoming mail has been scrambled on almost a daily basis, making finding new mail extremely difficult.

Back to topic: the cheapest method I've tried for mounting more than one flash on a camera for macro or portable portrait lighting is to attach a slave shoe via a small, light, plastic tripod socket mounting device, in the camera's tripod socket. The hotshoe mounted flash triggers the slaved flash, which is oddly placed beneath the camera.

Nope, no TTL with this method, so some educated guesswork is required.
Lex Jenkins
Why are they called fanny packs when we use 'em as codpieces?