Re: [OM] Re Oil on Aperture Blades

Subject: Re: [OM] Re Oil on Aperture Blades
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:54:48 -0400
The diaphragm mechanism is assembled bone dry and should not be lubricated
at any time, no way no how.
The oil you see comes from the helicoid grease.  Separation is a product of
age, usually accelerated by heat.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000