[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1870

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1870
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:57:41 -0500
------------------------------

> Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:44:45 -0400
> From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit

> I occasionally  see T32s with cracks in the corners of the battery box too.

> John  Hermanson
___________________________________

I must be extremely lucky.  I used a T-32 on the bounce grip professionally
for 10 years, and never got a crack.  The combo was mounted on a light
stand a lot, and once got knocked over.  The unit hit the floor and bent
the battery case of the grip so it was slightly curved after that, but
everything else was fine.  I was using my personal equipment at work,
because at that time our official flashes were all non-TTL with PC
connections (or should I say non-connections).
Now we have EOS gear provided, but the long Olympus cords were so much
easier to work with than these skimpy Canon ones.  I miss the compactness
of the cameras too (I didn't want to run my own cameras into the ground,
since they weren't covered by the employer).  But I still love my OM's for
my personal work.  Hate bulky cameras!

Alan Magayne-Roshak