Re: [OM] Macro flash bracket

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro flash bracket
From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:31:52 -0600
I've got one and it works; but I don't use it much. The arms have a plastic
shoe to attach the flash units. This precludes the

use of T20's but does allow T32's. The left to right adjustment is rough and
hard to center.

Setting the angle of the arms has a quirk, rotating an arm tightens or loosens
the bolt holding the arm.

And the arms interfere with operation of some quick release heads.

I took the right arm off of mine and use the bolt to attach a ballhead. A T20
with adapter can then be put

on the head. Tried to get a Pen macro slider attached to control the left to
right adjustment; but only got

it to work one way.

I use a Bogen Magic Arm to hold a flash more often than this unit.

As always you mileage may vary.

Bill B.