Re: [OM] Zuiko 40mm f2.0 Spotted

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 40mm f2.0 Spotted
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 05:15:32 GMT
Indentations for the "erased" numbers on the "feet" scale are visible in the photos. I'd imagine anyone with a steady hand, a fine brush and some enamel could restore it easily enough.

Or ignore the missing numbers and just enjoy the lens.

Also, Gary, you neglected to factor in that this is the extremely rare *spotted* 40/2, suitable for safari wear.
Lex Jenkins
Hoist my petard!  Yoikes and away!! - Ur Amblet, 'The Very Bad Quarto'
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:32:46 -0700

It needs restoration to be a collectable, thus I'd appraise it at $350.
Plus there is no mention of original papers or styrofoam. Therefore over
$500 is out of the ballpark. The really big question is if anyone knows
the wereabouts/cost of a replacement distance scale ring. That could be
a big factor in what someone might be willing to bid.