Re: [OM] Old Sigma 80-200 / f3.5/4. Any good?

Subject: Re: [OM] Old Sigma 80-200 / f3.5/4. Any good?
From: "John Cwiklinski/Beaverton/Contr/IBM" <johncw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:49:27 -0700
Enrique wrote:

>Any way of knowing if it's as old as Gary's comments on old Sigmas?. Will
it get decent pics?

If it is old, it will be heavy. I have found some excellent old lenses
(optically speaking), including Sigma, but they could easily be used as
boat anchors, also.
________________
John Cwiklinski
NT64 Development

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by:        owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:        [OM] Old Sigma 80-200 / f3.5/4. Any good?

Hi guys. New to the list, although I've had an OM10 in the family for
ages. Now there's two of them. I'm trying to get some decent lenses
for my own OM, and I've spotted what seems to be a quite old Sigma 80-
200 in mint condition. Any way of knowing if it's as old as Gary's
comments on old Sigmas?. Will it get decent pics? -i'm quite short of
a pro, or even a proficient amateur-.

Thanks

Quique (Enrique Cabrera)       qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx

A real Nowhere Man, sitting in his Nowhereland
The Spanish Beatles page          http://www.upv.es/beatles
The Ultimate Beatles Archives     http://www.gmf.upv.es/beatles
      THE END         (And,in the end, the love you take
                            is equal to the love you make)