RE: [OM] Old Sigma 80-200 / f3.5/4. Any good?

Subject: RE: [OM] Old Sigma 80-200 / f3.5/4. Any good?
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 01:02:01 -0400
My personal advice would be to avoid older Sigma lenses.  Not the best
quality, especially the YS adapter series.
The Sigma's with tape used a distance indicator on the lens body are the
ones that I have little regard for.
Brian P. Huber

Hi guys. New to the list, although I've had an OM10 in the family for
ages. Now there's two of them. I'm trying to get some decent lenses
for my own OM, and I've spotted what seems to be a quite old Sigma 80-
200 in mint condition. Any way of knowing if it's as old as Gary's
comments on old Sigmas?. Will it get decent pics? -i'm quite short of
a pro, or even a proficient amateur-.

Thanks