Re: [OM] Focus discrepancy in OM-4T: Solution sought

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus discrepancy in OM-4T: Solution sought
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 21:04:29 +0800
I don't think there is any adjustable part on the focusing screen holder. I
have seen two OMs and a Nikon FA which had slight focusing problem. I fixed
them by adding a 0.15-0.2mm tape under the mirror. I found most of the
"reasonable good" condition used cameras had quite "clean" focusing screen
(of course except scratches) and also the focusing screen holder area are
usually free from dirty.

I don't see why the change in mirror position has less effect then off
position focusing screen due to dirty. By looking at the construction of the
mirror rest pin, I would say the factory use it to control the focusing
accuracy.

C.H.Ling