Re: [OM] OT - MIME and other oddities

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - MIME and other oddities
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:43:41 +0000
This happens when people post to the list in html format, instead of plain
text.

The usual culprit is the wretched Microsoft Outlook.  I believe it's
default configuration is to send all mail in html format rather than plain
text so new users may not be aware they are causing a problem.

The problem is heightened for digest dwellers.  Most email clients will
just diplay an html formatted message as plain text.  However, with the
digest, all messages are bundled into one so different display formats can
not be applied so html messages are included in the digest in their raw
form, which is mostly gobbledygook.

The problem is partly my fault as I have not been jumping on html posters
of late.

Recent culprits include:

"J&B Chapman" <betc@xxxxxxxx>
"Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>