[OM] re: fireworks

Subject: [OM] re: fireworks
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 18:36:49 +1000
Thanks all for you suggestions. As it turned out, the local shops closed
early and I wasn't able to buy film for my 2SP on the way, so I was
stuck using my girlfriends OM1 which had about 12 frames of Fuji 100
left in it. The city was absolutely packed with people, and we arrived
far too late to get any space where a tripod could be setup, so I fear
I'm going to have some rather motion blurred shots of the big event...
No matter, it was worth just being there, and in  some ways it was
better to be able to concentrate on just enjoying the show and the
atmosphere of the crowd than to play the photographer.
Some cashed up fool next to me was snapping away left, right and centre
with his Leica R8 held above his head. Somehow I don't think his 3 rolls
of film fired off at what sounded like 1/60 or faster are going to have
captured anything particularly exciting!
Dylan