Re: [OM] OM:Point and Shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] OM:Point and Shoot
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:28:57 +0200

: Here are are her non-negotiable requirements:
: Auto focus, auto exposure, small, light, weatherproof (she is a
: backpacker) wide-to-tele zoom, macro capabilities, tripod usable, and
: EASY TO USE..

:The Centurion is an APS camera and is the smallest and lightest SLR there
:is.

:hnz

I would recommend the Centurion too. It produces remarkably good pictures; the
photos that my wife took on a recent holiday in Wales were in many cases better
than those I took with my 4Ti. It is the closest thing to my old Pen F and FT in
terms of weight/packability/performance. 'Macro' shots of alpine flowers were
very good...I certainly intend to use it for backpacking trips and multi-day ski
tours.
It has a fine lens with two ED elements (Olympus description says that is a
further development of the IS-series lens, with better contrast), ESP metering,
Super FP flash, a top speed of 1/2000, vertical FP shutter, etc. The 1/1.45
extender is also very compact and affordable.
Oh, and viewfinder diopter adjustment.....
Finally, the APS system of date/time stamping, where the exact time and date of
each shot is printed on the back of the standard prints can be extremely useful
for family use...

Greetings from Denmark   Roger Key