Re: [OM] IMPORTANT re: MORE 357 batteries for US list members

Subject: Re: [OM] IMPORTANT re: MORE 357 batteries for US list members
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 06:51:02 -0400
Sorry for the alarm.  The Netscape bug isn't quite that nasty and I have
recovered the folder contents such that everybody listed below doesn't
have to send me another email unless you didn't give me a snail mail
address.

For the edification of Netscape users:  In the case of folders named
"357 batteries #2" and "357 batteries" the message storage function
properly discriminated between the two folder names and stored the
message safely in its proper cubby hole.  The retrieval function,
however, gets very confused (possibly by the # sign in the name?).
Displaying the folder contents for "357 batteries #2" shows the correct
messages with subject, sender and date.  However, when you go to
retrieve, say the third message, what you are shown is the third message
from folder "357 batteries" instead of "357 batteries #2".

Anyhow, all the messages were in fact properly saved and I got Netscape
message retrieval unconfused by renaming "357 batteries #2" to "357
batt2".

OK, excitement over.  Back to ordering batteries.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA