Re: [OM] ......adaptors.....

Subject: Re: [OM] ......adaptors.....
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 08:11:36 +0900
> Anyone knows anyone who can custom make an OM body to Leica R lens
> adaptor ?
>
> Or is there a ready made one available in the market ?

I took a look in a book titled like "Lens adapters guide" for
Leica-lens-to-OM-body adapters but found only an M42 mount adapter.
It seems R-mount-to-OM-body adapters are not available yet, in Japan
at least. I don't know a lot about discontinued adapters, but I hear
that adapters for OM bodies often need a built-in correction lens
because OM bodies have a longer flangeback (correct term? the
distance from the mount to the focal plane).  The correction lens
doesn't deteriorate the quality of the mounted lens, but maybe the
necessity of this correction lens is the reason why we don't have
enough lens adapters for OM.  Mounting OM-Zuikos on other bodies
should be much easier.

I also know a guy who made an "OMLEICA" from an R Summicron 50/2 and
an Olympus auto extension tube, but he modified the R mount with
files, drills and a grindstone.  He shows the procedure at his site,
but unfortunately in Japanese only.

http://www.omfan.com/factory/omleica.html

Kazuya Matsumoto