Re: [OM] Prices of the Camedia E-10 & P400 :(

Subject: Re: [OM] Prices of the Camedia E-10 & P400 :(
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 02:25:56 EDT
<<
 In a message dated 10/5/00 7:29:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
 HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

 > "Dear Mr. Veluven,
 >  flash units of type Metz 54MZ-3 are able to work in HSS with Canon,
 >  Nikon and Minolta cameras. Unfortunately, the HSS of Olympus is not
 >  supported because of a missing SCA3000 adapter which is able to transfer
 >  digital datas. Such an adapter is not in preparartion.
 >  With best regards
 >
 >  M E T Z  - W E R K E
 >  Technical support
 >  Mr. Goeschel"

 Does this mean that they investigated it and the triggering circuitry is
 digital? So much for a home brew adapter to bring full synchro flash to my
 OM-1.
  Warren

Warren,
           the OM4T service manual has detailed information on the
handshaking used in the '280 flash pins.
This should allow you to work out how to trigger and use the pins.

         Tim Hughes