Re: [OM] Weddings

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 17:06:22 +0200
Paul,

Of course everyone has his own ideas on what to use in this kind of
situation, but I would choose lenses slightly differently.
I would take a zoom lens, probably the manual 35-70, as a standard on
my prime camera. Zooming is more practical than changing lenses and
much faster - which you will appreciate when you want to shoot about
18 rolls of film during this wedding.

BTW, that is 700 shots, so when the whole session takes 4 hours you
will have to take 3 pictures per minute.... continuously! Quite a
challenge, for photographer and equipment alike.

I would keep my second camera ready with the 100mm lens, for
portrait-like shots.

One wide angle lens, 28 or 24, would be nice for frames which you
cannot take with 35mm - but I doubt if you will use them. Maybe for
that odd shot outside, or a picture of the _whole_ dinner table?

About the flash: don't forget to bring spare C batteries as well - you
will need them if you want to have prolonged benefit from the fast
recycling bounce grip.
A Quantum Turbo for power would be even better. I don't know if the
bounce grip will let you take up to 3 pics per minute.

When using slave triggers, you must be absolutely sure that no one
else present will use a camera too - or you will have a problem.
Your ideas on the use of them are right: TTL will only apply for the
flash wired to your camera, and the slaves will give full output (if
they can keep up with your paces).
The Stofen is indeed available for the T-32. The zoom head extension
may do a good job when you have your 100mm lens mounted...

I know next to nothing about filters - almost never using one but the
odd polarizer... but I am sure others will share their expertise on
that one.

Just my 2¢...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.