Re: [OM] Weddings

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:26:38 -0400
There are some excellent books on wedding photography available. Raid yer local
bibliotech. Get one that shows how to do the classic wedding poses. Practice on
willing models well ahead of time.

I wouldn't go experimenting with any new technology on an assignment like this.
Also, the T32 zoom head would be useful for any of your primes and zooms in the
50-100mm range. It would even be of some help for your longer lenses. In fact,
without something like LL Rue's Flashextender, I don't see how yer going to get
much use out of the 300/4.5. Not that I'm advocating adding new equipment to the
mix.

<<I was thinking either try to make something myself, or just pick up a Stofen
Omnibounce
(they still make those for the T32, don't they?). Any thoughts here would be
most welcome. I was also thinking of getting one or two slave triggers for
the T20's or the 283. How well do those things work when combined with a TTL
controlled flash? I presume if they are just providing background fill, or
hair lights, that they wont have a significant impact on the overall exposure? I
have the zoom head and color filter set for the T32, but I don't
see much application for those. Agreed?>>