[OM] Re: way to remove/buff-off marks

Subject: [OM] Re: way to remove/buff-off marks
From: Lyle Olsen <lo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 13:47:16 -0700
I don't know about a "Sanford Sharpie" or the Blackenit mentioned below,
but the Micro-Tools catalog tree version lists serveral touch up
products on page 96, also through their on-line store.
http://www.micro-tools.com/merchant.mv
There are touch up pens, paints as well as oxidizers which work like gun
"bluing").  I think you'll find the oxidizer finish for aluminum is a
different product than the one for brass as well.  I would hazard a
guess that most Oly bodies and lenses would prefer the touch up pen to
an oxidizer finish, anyone have direct experience here?

Btw, this is a great catalog for camera buffs--it has everything you
could imagine, including a freebie parts and service directory at the
back; in fact I think this is my favorite catalog of all time.  Good one
to leave sticky notes in as to something you've always wanted but never
got around to ordering (like a pana-vise, a camera book, or a cordless
soldering iron) and then leave it strategically lying around the house
leading up to Father's day or Christmas, just in case anyone in the
family is stuck for a gift idea. <g>

Lyle

From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Another product to consider is called 'BlackenIt'(?) Used by model
railroaders for brass locomotives. I've never poked around in the other
half of zuiko.com (except to look at the pictures). Has anybody tried
this?

p.s. I haven't so don't use it with out testing first.

--
Lyle Olsen       lo@xxxxxxxx       http://www.lylo.com