[OM] Old Vivitar 283 with OM-4 and OM-G

Subject: [OM] Old Vivitar 283 with OM-4 and OM-G
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:13:59 -0400
Hi all, short time digest lurker jumping in.

I have found that my Vivitar 283 flash gives eratic results with my OM-G.
Seems that the synch of the shutter is off, resulting in varying width of
blackness starting from the left of the picture. This problem never happens
in my OM-1 unless I happen to put the shutter in a fast speed. Since the
synch/shutter speed is eratic as evidenced by the variable width of the
black band, I suspect that the high trigger voltage of this early '70s model
is messing with the electronics of the camera . My T-32 works perfectly with
the OM-G, so I've ruled out troubles with the body.

So, after all that, my question is: Will I encounter the same problem if I
use the 283 on my OM-4? So far, I haven't risked it. Also, is there a way to
reduce the trigger voltage of the flash to make it compatible with the G and
4?

Thanks for your usual high quality comments in advance!

Mickey