[OM] greetings once again

Subject: [OM] greetings once again
From: Joey Richards <bigjoe118@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 02:39:28 -0700
Greetings.

Well, once again Fall is upon us and the leaves have begun to turn from
green to yellow and brown and red.  The hot summer sun is beginning to
yield its reign to cool winds, and young mens' thoughts of fancy are
being exchanged for resubscriptions to once familiar camera mailing
lists.  Or something like that.

After being away from the list for some time (wow, 5 months?), I'm
back.  I'm sending this email on the supposition that at least a few of
the listmembers from before are still hanging around...

A few things have changed... graduated from MIT in the spring and made a
quick jump for the left coast.  I'm now living in the SF bay area where
the leaves have not begun to turn at all, despite my earlier statement
to the contrary.  Sorry.  The move has brought about some lifestyle
changes, of course, most notably a better salary than my graduate
student stipend and a better sleep schedule than ever before in my
life... Also, I'm no longer using my oh-so-hip old email address (bigjoe
at emm eye tee dot ee dee you), as it will expire in a few more months.
Alas, I'm now at the mercy of commercial ISPs...

Photographically, things have been on the back burner lately.  The move
and subsequent semi-homeless period of apartment-hunting in the tightest
market in the country and adjustment to working life didn't leave much
spare energy.  Things are starting to settle down now (and I finally got
my cable modem working so I don't have to feel guilty screwing around on
the net from work), so hopefully I will be able to redirect some energy
in that direction.

Anyway, I'm back.  Hopefully you're still here.

joey

ps, Gary Edwards: I still remember that I owe you some pictures.  Slides
still not dealt with... soon soon I promise.  :-)

pps, I didn't really want to be bigjoe118.  I asked for bigjoe and they
said (to my astonishment) that it was available.  It wasn't until after
the installation that I discovered they had silently tacked the numbers
on the end.  (I'm kind of sensitive about these things)  Evil bastards.
Hahaha.

ppps, if you (for some reason) respond to this message, I would ask that
you include an explicit cc to me (bigjoe118@xxxxxxxx) because I just
subbed to the list so I may not get replies that only go to the list.
sanka berry much.