Re: [OM] macro working

Subject: Re: [OM] macro working
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 15:14:19 GMT
Gary, the best value in a makeshift copystand I've found is a Slik U212 Deluxe tripod. But that's just because I already have one, and I did buy it with copy work in mind. It's not the steadiest 'pod around, tho' not bad for a lightweight, but it may be the most versatile. ;^)

It allows mounting the tripod head on one of the legs. The legs are widely adjustable to level the whole rig to one's liking. And since the legs are black reflections are not a problem.

Like you, I prefer floodlights for copying. I've copied lots of old family photos using this rig. Works just fine.
Lex Jenkins
2b XOR -2b ... that's the equation - Ur Amblet, 'The Very Bad Quarto'
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 11:18:12 -0700

You can get by for years (or decades) with using a reversed tripod - I'm
still looking for a bargain in a copy stand. If you have a chrome legged
tripod, rig up a covering for the legs to prevent reflections from your
lights. I used old jeans material sewed into tubes.