Re: [OM] The 40 mm f2 on ebay for last day

Subject: Re: [OM] The 40 mm f2 on ebay for last day
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 23:56:11 +0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Scales <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Well, I contacted him about it.  He replied that they haven't actually been
>blacked out, they've been erased, meaning the paint erased out of the
>numbers. Evidently the person he bought it from didn't like two scales, did
>this and then never used the lens.  He does clearly disclose it in the
>description, but I do agree NIB is too strong. Perhaps LNIB.  Regardless,
if
>anyone wants one, I believe this is about the best condition you're going
>find.

I don't agree a lens with such "modification" can be rated as LNIB. I only
accept one or two very slightly (perhaps less than 1.5mm x 0.5mm) paint
scratch on un-noticeable area as LNIB. Or most common, a Zuiko without
any paint scratch but only the paint look not shinning as used to be.

>I'm happy with everything he's sold me.

Happy or not is another issue, I will be very happy if I got any stuff
at a very good price to condition ratio even they are not as described.

C.H.Ling