Re: [OM] iS-10(0) / iS-20(0) / Centurion AF Question

Subject: Re: [OM] iS-10(0) / iS-20(0) / Centurion AF Question
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 13:45:46 +0200

I had assumed that all the newer AF cameras that have a possibility for
continuous drive would also default to continuous AF; otherwise subjects that
came closer would go out of focus in subsequent frames.
As the iS-300 came after the Centurion, and only the 300 has been specified to
have predictive autofocus, I have assumed that the Centurion does not have it.
The big question for me is, is predictive autofocus only necessary for things
that move really fast? My copy of 'Popular Photography' that has a test of the
IS-3 DLX from the time of introduction, says that the autofocus is fast enough
for 20mph/32kph cyclists but not more.

Regards, Roger Key