Re: [OM] What's the big deal about the 40mm F-2 Olympus lens

Subject: Re: [OM] What's the big deal about the 40mm F-2 Olympus lens
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:21:53 GMT
It's a mystique thing, Sam. Pentax has also produced an equally scarce 40mm "normal" lens. Periodically, photo magazine pundits extol the virtues of the 40-45mm focal length as "perfect" for the 35mm format. And a few manufacturers oblige by making just barely enough of 'em to keep them in the collectible category, further adding to the notion that they must have some kinda mojo.

Funny...my Minolta XD5 had a 45/2. When I swapped it and some other stuff for an Olympus iS-2 the dealer set the 45/2 aside and said, "Paperweight."
Lex Jenkins
2b XOR -2b ... that's the equation - Ur Amblet, 'The Very Bad Quarto'
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:32:23 -0500

What makes the Zuiko 40mm so special?