Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zooms
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 20:24:49 +0100
Franklin Berryman wrote:
> I know that the f3.5-4.5 is substantially smaller than the f3.6 and the
f4.0
> (and takes 49mm filters) and is prized by many for that reason.  Is it
> really that much dimmer through the viewfinder than the f3.6 or the f4.0?

I haven't even seen a 3.6 but I have both of the others. For me the overall
winner is the f3.5-4.5 for its portability, 49mm filters, and particularly
for its sharpness at close distances. The advantage of the f4 is that it is
so comfortable to use when on my OM2n and Winder 2 - they make such a nicely
balanced combination - and for action type shots I'm far less likely to grab
hold of the wrong ring because there's room for them to be better spaced.

Regards,
Keith Berry