Re: [OM] ......adaptors.....

Subject: Re: [OM] ......adaptors.....
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:33:54 +0900
Paul wrote:

> Steven Gandy sells Visoflex lens adapters for several other cameras, but
> not OM. An OM could be made fairly easily, since Visoflex lenses are
> short mount lenses. The shortest focal length is 65mm, though.

I found another list and it says "Viso (types 1, 2 and 3) adapters
for OM bodies are avalible from Sukiya Camera."  Sukiya camera is a
used camera shop in Ginza, Tokyo. So it seems it was really easy to
make one.

Winsor wrote:

> Do you whether the very good Nikon  35MM/F1.4 with adaptor(at
> least until Oly comes out with a simply stupendous 35MM/F1.4) will
> fit the OM without modifications?

Maybe, but the Nikkor-OM mount adapter (which I know) has a built-in
correction lens and it darkens all lenses 1 stop slower. Also, wider
the lens, more the vignetting.  No merits if you just want the
additional stop.

Andrew wrote:

> Now, this is useful - who makes the Zuiko to Leica M adaptor and
> EOS adaptor? I'd love to put my 28 or 21 on my old Leica CL for a
> start! I presume that these are manual only adaptors.

Zuiko to Leica M adapers are available from at least 3 suppliers in
Japan but one of them is made in Germany. I don't know the
manufacturer's name. Maybe somebody else knows.

I found another topic, maybe bad news for TMLee:

"Leica R series lenses can be used on only few bodies like Canon EOS
via an adapter.  Due to the diameter of the R mount, the mount
itself causes vignetting when mounted on other bodies."

Making an adapter for the Leica R series seems to be difficult.

Anyway, I think lens mount adapters are rather special items
intended mainly for hobby use. They have lots of restrictions and
don't help serious users enough. You can have fun by comparing
various lenses or making strange looking cameras, though. My book
shows examples of OM bodies with a Jupiter 85/2 (M42 mount Russian
lens) and a Flektogon 20/4. Classic lenses on a reliable OM body may
be interesting.

Kazuya Matsumoto