Re: [OM] If you could use only ONE lens . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] If you could use only ONE lens . . .
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:24:37 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Ray Moth wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'd like to ask a (dumb?) question of the List . . . if you had to
> choose only ONE Zuiko lens to use on your OM body, to cover all your
> 'conventional' photographic needs (excluding macro, document copying,
> astro, medical and other scientific), what would it be?

Ray,

Considering the usage statistics of mine (yup - I'm the nut keeping a
logbook for each camera....), it would be the 85mm that is the most used
lens around here. It's been around for a while, so in number of frames
exposed through it, it is the "winner". Taking into account the time I
have had the lens and making an average (frames/month), then the 85mm is
still on the lead, closely followed by the 24/2.0. So it would have to be
either of those two lenses, I guess.

Now, if I could pick only one body, there would be no doubts: OM2s/p, of
course. Incidentially, the 85mm and the 24mm are each mounted on an
OM2s/p.....wonder if that's the real reason for the high frame-count of
those lenses....

Regards

--thomas