RE: [OM] OM:Point and Shoot

Subject: RE: [OM] OM:Point and Shoot
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:14:53 +0200
:Really nice job Hans! Do you care for a couple of small complementary
:corrections/additions/suggestions?   ;-)

I would be really very disappointed if you didn't gave me any, Per ;)

:P.S. Is it really correct that Centurion is the smallest SLR
:film camera available?
:Aren't there a couple of SLR APS cameras with
:interchangeable lenses as well? (can't remember their names though)

Yes there are. Well it's true that the *bodies* of the Nikon Pronea, Canon
EOS iX & Minolta Vectis aren't really that much bigger than the body part of
the Centurion, but things change when you put a zoom lens of similar focal
range as the Centurion on these bodies. This is especially true for the
Nikon and Canon cameras when you put a lens on it designed for 35mm cameras,
making the lens on these tiny bodies look bulky and ugly. The ZLR concept of
the Centurion which omits the lens flange, combined with the telescopic
design of the zoom lens makes it more compact. The Minolta Vectis only
accepts special Vectis lenses and is also a quite elegant camera; however
there is no lens available that matches the 25-100mm zoom length of the
Centurion. The Vectis 22-80mm lens comes closest.

hnz