RE: [OM] iS-10(0) / iS-20(0) / Centurion AF Question

Subject: RE: [OM] iS-10(0) / iS-20(0) / Centurion AF Question
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:18:49 +0200

I have an extra question. How fast is 'continuous' drive when used with
continuous AF ? I have a brochure from 9/94 that says:

iS-2000        2.3 frames/sec PF (focus locked on first frame)
2frames/sec AF (continuous AF)
iS-3000        2 frames/sec PF                          no figure for AF

It is clear that the iS-3000 needs time to focus between frames for continuous
AF, but how much ?

I imagine that the 300msec difference for the iS-2000 would also apply to the
iS-3000, giving 1.7 frames/sec for the iS-3000..........

Regards, Roger Key

ps. Enjoying my new iS-3000.....

:Hans, doesn't the term "predictive AF" imply that the AF
:system of the camera
:actually is able to "predict" the approximate distance to the
:moving subject in
:advance? Remember what they said in the iS-30 Pop Photo test, where the
:photographer "was able to keep continuous focus on the sports
:car UP TO THE MOMENT
:he began a panned exposure". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I
:presume [simple]
:Continuous AF (w/o the predictive feature) just keeps the
:focus position of the first shot?