[OM] For Sale: OM-1 MD body

Subject: [OM] For Sale: OM-1 MD body
From: Dogbreath <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:25:10 -0500
** For Sale **

A nice example of a classic manual camera from Olympus. This is the MD
version, so it can accept the winders and motordrives. It works as it
should all respects with one exception: the shutter speed at 1/15th is
mysteriously slow - it's more like a half. The other speeds are as good as
you'd expect from an old manual shutter - accurate only to within a third
of a stop plus or minus. I don't doubt it's fairly easy to get in there and
adjust it, but I wasn't going to risk trying it myself. Meter is accurate,
finder is clean and bright and the film advance is fine. Overall, shows
moderate. Chrome is good, with no dings, although there is evidence of
impatient mounting and demounting at the tripod socket. Paint is worn or
chiped away here and there on the edges of the door. Hot shoe is intact,
with no cracked plastic (looks almost new, strangely). Leatherette is
intact, but some moisture seems to have penetrated the edges of certain
panels causing it to peel up just slightly. Don't know why. Leatherette
disk that covers the advance lever is missing. Also, someone has drilled a
tiny hole in the cap for the motor drive socket. Again, I don't know why. I
think it's fairest to describe this camera as Bargain Plus, but because of
the odd shutter at 1/15th, I've priced it at @600f KEH's price on the
same camera in similar cosmetic condition. $110, plus actual shipping costs
plus $1 packing materials. Please email with any questions. Thanks for your
interest.

Pics:

http://www.geocities.com/sleighteem/pics/om1md.jpeg

http://www.geocities.com/sleighteem/pics/om1mdback.jpeg