[OM] P*ntax AF digital body

Subject: [OM] P*ntax AF digital body
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:16:21 EDT
Taken from the Pentax list. Supposedly it will take all prior AF and K mount
lens:

<<< I understand that at least two new 35mm Pentax bodies may be released
early next year.  35mm film body and a 6 megapixels digital. They share the
same body
design and many features. Rumours states that Pentax will show a
flagship at the PMA show in February, so we have three new SLR's from
Pentax next year.

1/6000 top shutter speed, 1/6000 high speed flash sync speed, multiple
exposures, autobracketing, data imprinting, depth-of-field preview, 6
point multizone AF, advanced remote control, AA battery pack/handgrip
with shutter release for vertical shooting, and many other nice things
that we just can speculate about since Pentax has tight lips until the
bodies are ready for marketing. Pentax showed prototypes at the
Photokina show, >>>

Pentax forges onward into the future with digital and AF bodies. I may want
to switch over if its not too expensive. I can take my Tamron Adaptalls with
me (35-105/2.8, 80-200/2.8, 350/5.6, 500/8 and 400/4).  I would sorely miss
my 16 fisheye and 21/3.5 and multispot metering on the OM4T though. I could
also adapt my P645 lens to the body as well.

Warren