Re: [OM] If you could use only ONE lens . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] If you could use only ONE lens . . .
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:02:35 +0200
Ray

this is a agonizing question...only one lens......horrible......

Well, let`s see I´d vote  for my 85mm F/2, which is the lens I prefer,
whenever possible. But with tele only I`d have to cheat with a small wide angel
in my pocket for those few shoot`s which afford a wide view.

I visited the Expo last weekend and planned to go with only one lens the first
day. Choice would have been the pancake 40mm to keep as light as possible.
But then I didn`t want to carry the camera without the protection of the bag,
and
- whoops- the 85mm/F2 was in the bag too, and was the lens
I used for most of the shots.

So the last  time I really traveled with only one lens were the first vacation
days,
when I wanted to enjoy and shoot only unrecoverable situations.
For this a standard is best choice, so in the bright southern sunlight the
 50mm F/3.5 Macro is the last lens I used as single-lens-kit.

Frieder Faig