Re: [OM] If you had to choose only ONE body . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] If you had to choose only ONE body . . .
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:31:17 +0000
But an OM4Ti is actually quicker and less complicated to operate than an
OM2s.

You don't 'have' to make multiple spot readings.  You can take just one
spot reading, as with a 2S.  Or none if you want to go with centre
weighting.

However, it is quicker to base the exposure on a single spot reading
with a 4Ti.

With the 2S you have to locate your spot then manually adjust either speed
or aperture controls, perhaps both, re-compose then shoot.

With the 4Ti you centre the spot, press the spot button, re-compose and
shoot.  That is the simplest scenario.  You might also want to adjust the
aperture after taking the spot reading.  If you have pre-determined your
aperture then it is the first scenario that applies - press the spot
button once to take the reading then press the shutter release to take the
shot.

However, because the reading is fixed from the moment you press the spot
button you can adjust the aperture while you are re-composing the shot,
you don't have to keep the spot circle in the viewfinder centred.

If you want to mimic the way an OM2S does the biz you can do that also.
Put the 4Ti in manual mode, centre the spot, press the spot button, adjust
aperture and speed manually and shoot.  The only real difference here is
that you have to press the spot button, but then you don't have to keep
the spot centred while manipulating aperture or speed.

Giles
;-)