[OM] Beware of the USPS - I'm getting scr**wed

Subject: [OM] Beware of the USPS - I'm getting scr**wed
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:17:04 -0500
Just thought I'd post this to a bunch of ebay buyers.  I bought some nice
equipment off ebay in the spring, including a 1MD and an MD1 (hey, that's
cool).

The post office lost the box.

The seller filed a claim and attached the appropriate 'invoice', a printout
of the auction results.

The post office won't accept it. Auctions are specifically excluded (without
telling us).  You have to provide proof of payment.  In other words, DON'T
EVER PAY FOR AN AUCTION WITH CASH.

In my case, I used paypal.  I'd bet the value of the OM1 that they'll deny
it because a printout of the paypal transaction isn't accepted.

If so, I see an interesting article in PCweek, etc.

Tom