[OM] Back from Norge (was Photography in Stavanger?)

Subject: [OM] Back from Norge (was Photography in Stavanger?)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:16:43 +0200
Yes, and a fine yarn it was too.

Giles

Chris Barker wrote:

 > (I think that I  have done, a few times).

Thanks Giles ;-).

I have just returned from Stavanger and a lovely place it is too. The locals are great (although they keep changing how they pronounce their language) and the girls pretty. If I could learn the language, I would love to live there.

Unfortunately though I had little time to get out of the town to take photos of the beautiful coastal landscape with its cold blues and greens - along with the great light from the low sun and doom-laden clouds. It looks a little like the west coast of Scotland. When I told one of my Norwegian colleagues that, he suggested that I visit North Norway - which seems to be a sort of mythical place in another world - the way all the military types talked about it. Perhaps there really are trolls up there.

I have to report that Stavanger fails in one important area. The booze is expensive, but more importantly there do not seem to be shops which cater for the wandering Zuikoholic.... shame on you Norge :-).

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

Chris Barker