Re: [OM] 35-80/2.8 lens hood

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80/2.8 lens hood
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:58:03 EDT
<<<<On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 03:26:21PM +0000, Lex Jenkins wrote:
> My guess is the tulip shape provides the maximum protection from flare
> without causing corner vignetting.  I suppose the ideal shape would be a
> rectangle matching the proportions of the 24x36 frame, but I've never seen
> such a hood.

Leica offered a rectangular hood for their 28mm F/2.8. Altough I´m not sure
the
actual version still uses a recangular hood.

Frieder Faig>>>>

Actually tulip shaped is the same as rectangular. If you map the projection
of a rectangular opening onto a cylinder, you will get a tulip shaped hood.

Warren