RE: [OM] Buying OM gear from NYC by mail

Subject: RE: [OM] Buying OM gear from NYC by mail
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:36:54 -0600
At 02:31 PM 10/12/2000 -0600, Chris O'Neill wrote:
>On 12 Oct 2000, at 13:34, Garth Wood wrote:
>
>> As a Canuck who's had to order such items from the States many times, I've
>> yet to be disappointed by B&H Photo in NYC.  Great re-build of their
>> Website, too.
>
>I haven't bought anything from B&H (or was that were I got the OM-10
>manual adapter from several years ago???), but my only "beef" with
>their web site is that the used catalog is in Acrobat format.  Viewing it
>online and finding stuff in it is a bit of a PITA.  But, other than that, they
>seem to have pretty good stock of Olympus stuff, at least the last time I
>looked.

Interesting, Chris.  That's always been one of the things I *liked* about their
Website.  Acrobat (the actual program that generates .PDFs) is God-awful, but
the concept of read-anywhere .PDFs via a free reader is smart, and it allows
for consistency of presentation cross-platform.

Not that I think any of that's *important*, mind you...  8^>

Garth

"Q: What's long and hard on a Canadian?
 A: Winter."