[OM] OM-2S problem

Subject: [OM] OM-2S problem
From: "Doug Nielson" <n7ppw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:10:02 GMT
I'm having a problem with my OM-2S and wondered if anyone could help.

I'm using it with a Promaster 80-200 zoom and a winder 2. I recently shot a roll of film through it and only the first frame was exposed. The other 23 were blank. I shot another roll of film through it and the first 2 frames and the last one didn't expose, but all of the middle ones did.

The film IS being taken up on the take-up spool, so I'm confident that is not the problem. Also, the aperature on the lens seems to be working properly. I did take off the back of the camera and (with no film) shot about 20 frames at 1 second. I noticed the first two times that it appeared that the curtains went across at the same time, but the succeeding ones appeared to be correct (1 second exposure). Obviously, this is an intermittent problem.

Anyone with suggestions?

Doug Nielson
n7ppw@xxxxxxxxxxx