Re: [OM] Beware of the USPS - I'm getting scr**wed

Subject: Re: [OM] Beware of the USPS - I'm getting scr**wed
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:07:52 EDT
They are underwriting the risk after the loss rather than before.  They would
need you to prove or establish value before they insured it to underwrite it
on the front end.  The way they do it is to take your money for the coverage,
run you through the grinder and discourage many from continuing the fight
until they are indemnified for their loss.  At least that is the way this
insurance guy sees it.  I did recently have a battle with them over an $11
loss that had approximately $4.00 of postage and insurance attached.  They
won.