Re: [OM] OM-1n battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1n battery problem
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:47:12 +0000
Nick,
Welcome the many of us who have older cameras that used the PX-625.  Quite
a few from the OM-1[n] era did along with many hand-held light meters,
including the Gossen Luna-Pro.  There are a number of options.  You
mentioned one which is the most expensive, and should be done in
conjunction with a CLA.  There are at least three others:

The C.R.I.S. MR-9 adapter:
It is reusable, made of metal, uses a physically smaller Silver MS-76 that
fits inside it, and has an internal voltage regulator to drop the voltage
down.  BTW, this is what I use in the OM-1n and a Rollei 35S.  Sources for
these:
  http://www.zuiko.com/
  http://www.criscam.com/

The 675 Hearing Aid Battery Collar:
Adapts the lower voltage (1.4V), smaller than a 625, and inexpensive
Zinc-Air hearing aid battery available at any drug store to the 625 size.
Made of sturdy nylon, it is reusable also.  The 675 Zinc-Air cells will not
last all that long, but they're cheap:
  http://www.olympusguy.com/NewLArt8.htm

The 625 Zinc-Air Wein Cell:
Designed specifically as a drop-in replacement for the PX-625 Mercury, this
Zinc-Air will last much longer than the 675 cells, but they are more
expensive.  Available at any large camera store or through numerous camera
battery sources on line.

-- John
P.S.
If you ever encounter anything that used a *pair* of them, Gossen still
makes an adapter for a pair of cells as does Minox.

At 01:29 10/13/00 , Nick wondered: