Re: [OM] 35-80/2.8 lens hood

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80/2.8 lens hood
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:22:59 +1100
On my 28/2.8 I've just fitted a rectangular twist-clamp Pentax hood - a
hood made for the old screw-mount Takumar 28/3.5. I'll see how it goes.
Perfect fit if rather large, but much greater shading than the Oly hoods.
Most of the old Taks had this type - the one for my 24/3.5 is a monster.
I'm looking for the one that fits a Mamiya Press 50mm lens if anyone EVER
sees one!
Rectangulars are not uncommon - I even have a squarish collapsible rubber
hood somewhere and an ancient Aires 43mm clamp-on I use on an old Ricoh
rangefinder.
The tulips make sense for zooms because they allow the fitting of the
deepest possible hood at the wide end - shading at the long end is probably
still inadequate but better than it would be otherwise.
Andrew