Re: [OM] [OT] Overseas bidding

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Overseas bidding
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:31:54 +0200
Hello Enrique.

Yes, I have used BidPay several times. Their service is not cheap, but
it is fast and pretty secure. For me, in the Netherlands, it works
fine with my VISA card, but not with Master (not allowed by Master
here in Holland).

The BidPay rates are rather high for amounts just over $100, so either
keep below that limit, or spend much more....

If the seller will not use billPoint, which is by far the most
convenient way to payfrom abroad, BidPay is a good choice for
just-below $100 amounts.
For amounts that are much smaller, up to $40 or $50, I always send
cash.
I do not know how it is in your country, but here you can buy American
Express Travlers Cheques in US dollars at a rather good currency rate.
I often have sent those to US sellers too, because they can be cashed
free of charge, and are _much_ faster than International Postal Money
Orders. This is a good way of payment for amounts between $100 and
$250-300. For higher amounts, you had better use a normal wire
transfer.

Good luck,

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.