[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1894

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1894
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:04:45 -0500
I'm having an annoying problem with my OM2S, and am curious if anyone else
has had this too.  I think it might be dirty contacts in the ISO dial.
When the camera is on auto, much of the time it beeps and indicates "OVER",
even though I have the aperture set where it couldn't possibly be too large
an f/stop.  If I push on the ISO/Comp dial and turn it back and forth to
the extremes a few times, the camera gets normal and the readout gives the
correct reading (which is about three stops different than the erroneous
warning).  I'm wondering if some sort of TV tuner cleaner could be sprayed
(gently!) into the ISO dial.
Anybody run into this?  It drives me crazy.

I'm also wondering if my OM2n has a similar problem with the resistor(?)
that moves with the f/stop ring.  At intermediate settings the meter needle
goes crazy and jumps around erratically.  Above and below that range, it
settles down and  moves normally.

Any feedback would be appreciated.  I seem to have bad luck with bodies; my
favorite, the OM4, now has a dead circuit, but then I bought it used and it
always was a little goofy.

Alan Magayne-Roshak