Re: [OM] WA corner distortion?

Subject: Re: [OM] WA corner distortion?
From: Alasdair Mackintosh <Alasdair.Mackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Oct 2000 17:33:24 +0100
owner-olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (olympus-digest) writes:

> From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] WA corner distortion?
>
> I'm gonna do some experiments with this lens (a Vivitar 20/3.8) before
> venturing into deeper waters with a Zuiko.

> Maybe I'm too picky, or maybe this lens is simply flawed, but if this
> represents typical performance of ultra-wides I'll probably stick with
> nothing wider than a 24mm.

I've been very pleased with the results I've obtained from the Zuiko
21/3.5. For an example of its results, see:

http://homepage.dtn.ntl.com/vanda/alasdair/images/France/RoseOnWall.jpg

I'm afraid the extreme corners of the image are sky on the one hand or
shadowed leaves on the other, but I think you can get a reasonable idea of
what the lens can do.

Alasdair

P.S. Navigating back up from the URL I gave might give the impression that
the images were taken with an 18/3.5. This is a typo...